• Hands on materials
• Seven (7) Lecture and Participation Credits
Learn how to utilize CBCT technology and dental planning software to accurately and safely place dental implants. Gain an understanding of how this new technology can benefit your implant practice and your patients. Topics include using surgical guides, reading and integrating planning software and using a Surgical Guide kit.
• Analyze cone beam CT scans for the purpose of dental implant placement
• Apply knowledge of Guided Surgery software to treatment planning for implant cases
• Utilize a Guided Surgery kit to improve accuracy of implant placement
• Surgically place single & multiple dental implants with computer generated surgical guide
• Sample treatment planning utilizing guided software
• Drilling on models utilizing a surgical guided stent
Thomas Yoon, DDS, MS
Thomas Yoon is a Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology with a private practice in Winter Park, Florida.
As a practitioner, consultant and author, Dr. Yoon brings a unique combination of experience and advanced training in periodontology, maxillofacial surgery and hospital dentistry to his profession. He presents regularly at national symposia as a speaker on surgical procedures for general dentists. An expert in the field of dental implants, regenerative surgery and minimally invasive sinus augmentation, his research and clinical interests include computer guided dental implant placement and laser assisted periodontal therapy.
Dr. Yoon speaks on next generation implant technology and products. His commitment to interdisciplinary thinking builds connections between the subspecialties of dental medicine and enhances the understanding of best-practice techniques and new technologies.
A graduate of the University of Missouri School of Dentistry, Dr. Yoon also holds advanced degrees and certifications in Hospital Dentistry, Oral Biology and Periodontology from the University of Florida and Washington University. His surgical training includes fellowships in maxillofacial surgery and an appointment as the Chief Resident in the Department of Periodontology at the University of Florida. Dr. Yoon currently serves as the AIC Education Course Director for North-Central Florida.